Sir Cowasajee Jehangir High School, started yoga practices in the morning assembly in the light of the INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY which was initiated, pioneered, emphasized and advocated by Honorable Prime Minister of India Sri Narendra Modi ji and which has come in vogue to be celebrated on 21st June 2015 just because of his incessant endeavors to convince the heads of 177 nations about the benefits of yoga and make the world avail of this great achievement of India to keep physically fit, mentally healthy and spiritually awakened to say no to ailments.
The International Yoga Day was celebrated in the school premises on 21ST JUNE,2019. The students were assembled in the school hall. The P.E. teacher Mrs. Swati Adidravid helped the students to practiced yoga to keep them physically fit and mentally healthy. Importance of Yoga for the healthy life was explained to the students by the P.E. teacher. The students performed asanas under the guidance of the school’s Physical Education teacher Mrs. Swati.
Following asanas were performed:
- Adho Mukha Shvanasana (downward dog)
- Ardha Padmasana (half lotus)
- Baddha Konasana (bound angle)
- Dvi Pada Kaundinyasanas(two – legged Kaundinya)
- Eka Pada Shirshasana (one-legged headstand)
- Parivritta Trikonasana (reverse triangle)
- Prasarita Padottanasana (wide stance forward bend)
- Salamba Shirshasana (supported headstand)
- Supta Virasana (reclining hero)
- Upavishta Konasana (wide-angle seated forward bend)
- Urdhva Dhanurasana (upwards bow)
- Utthita Parsvakonasana (extended side angle)
International yoga day Benefited our students in following ways :
- Yoga reduced students stress and anxiety.
- Yoga helped in improving their flexibility , balanced and posture.
- Students learnt the correct breathing techniques.
- It encourage self love and self care.
- It helped them with peace of mind.
- Students could improve self control.
- It Increased mental focus.
- It Improved concentration and creativity.
- It created sense of well-being and calmness.