The birth Anniversary of the great Marathi writer Vishnu Vaman Shirwadkar was celebreated as ‘Marathi Bhasha Gaurav Din’ in the school on 27th February 2019.
The school paid homage to the eminent Marathi poet, playwrite, novelist ‘Kusumagraj’ by organizing the grand programme promulgating the glory of Marathi language.
The programme was as follows :
• Lighting of the lamp
• Welcome song
• Felicitation of the dignitaries
• Inauguration of the Annual Marathi Magazine’.
• The compilation of selected poem and write-ups of the students.
• Speech by Mrs. Wasulkar (the supervisor)
• Information about the literacy work of Kavi Kusumagraj.
• Dance on ‘Labhale Amhas Bhagya’
• Information about the contribution of poetess Indira Sant in enriching Marathi literature.
• Speech on the ‘Importance of Marathi language’ by Miss. Vaibhavi Pote (IXB).
• Kirtan by Miss.Siddhi Patil (XA)
• Information about a renowned Marathi, writer, humorist P.L.Deshpande.
• Powada on Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj by Gaurav Bachat (VB).
• Recitation of poem written by Kusumagraj by Mast. Varad Kadam(VII-B).
• Information about versatile writer Ram Ganesh Gadkari alia Govidaraj.
• Recitation of a poem on ‘Mother’ by Mast. Vikas Shukla (VIII-B)
• Shetkari Dance.
• Information about the famous Marathi writer MS.Durga Bhagwat.
• Small Comedy Act.
• Lawani Dance.
• Speech by a Primary student Mast.Rahul Warang.
• Principal’s address to the audience.
• Vote of Thanks
• The National Anthem was sung by everyone present in the hall.
The programme was a big success. It has show-cased different aspects of Marathi culture beautifully. It was appreciated by the audience.
Bai Ruttonbai F D Panday Girls High School